Welcome to my Blogg!

Why not express all that you feel, without filters, without care, just because you can!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

WikiLeaks, Pros, Cons and Poetic Justice.

Though I certainly do not condone and even condemn the unlawful release of stolen secret information, first because it is theft, and second, because it can hurt my country and trigger the assassination of my fellow citizens; I find some poetic justice in these WikiLeaks. Here’s how:
Probably before, but certainly since September 11, 2001, under the pretense of keeping our nation safe from terrorists, big brother has been scanning our cell phone calls and our emails, resulting in a great loss of our constitutional privacy rights. The government has also tried as much as it could and succeeded in avoiding most judicial review or supervision of its actions. I was hoping a more liberal president would put a brake on, or a stop to it. I was wrong.
Personally, I shouldn’t care, as I have nothing to hide, and everything I say or write can be read by anyone. I hate violence, and more so those who advocate it. I hate politicians and their relentless hypocrisy, egotism and greed. I don’t like organized religions and despise religious extremists or those who use religion as a preying tool on the weak. So, even though big brother will not find anything disturbing, illegal or dangerous in my exciting life, just knowing of the government’s constant trespass on my private life, does leave a bitter taste in my mouth.
Now, what I find poetic in the WikiLeaks is the following:
Firstly, big brother now realizes how it feels, when someone who is not expected to read your mail, or listen in your phone calls, does. Secondly, it shows to the general public (which is not always scholarly), that politicians cannot be believed or trusted, in revealing black on white the differences between what politicians tell us, what they tell each other, let alone what they think.
I understand that sometimes the government should not expose to the world certain of its global philosophies or perceptions; what is concerning, nonetheless, is that big brother was arrogant and complacent enough to trust that, while it could violate every citizen’s constitutional privacy rights with little supervision or control, “its” own communication means were safer than ours…

No comments:

Post a Comment